Skip to main content

This is more of a design question than a support question. I have a requirement when a workflow process instance might spawn a dynamic number of sub tasks (10-20). All of them would be handle at the same time and they all would need to be completed in order for the request to continue on. The sub tasks might have the same destination user(s).

What is the best way to architecture this approach?

Mike Trouard

Is the sub-task a workflow that contains a small business process?  If so, you can easily accomplish this with a synchronous IPC (InterProcess Communication) event.  Using the IPC in synchronous mode allows you to wait until all of the sub-processes have completed.  Using techniques discussed on other postings on this site you can use a repeating XML node or SmartObject list method on the IPC event to start from 1 to N instances of a process.

If your task is a simple client-event, you should be able to use a combination of slots with multiple destinations and an appropriate succeeding rule to accomplish the task.

David

David-

I guess that is what I am looking for a synchronous call to a Client Event where the destination user of each slot would resolve there task. When creating 1 to N slots can multiple slots have the same destination user.

Mike Trouard