Skip to main content

I am unable to view more than one stored proc in the SP Service, Anybody experiencing the same?

Have registered the service and instance, no prob. Then I created and compiled a simple stored proc

with ons parameter, retrieving a result set from a custom SQL table, no prob either.

As soon as I create a second stored proc, I am unable to see it within the service instance? I have

off course refreshed the service instance, but to no avail? Anything I am missing? This stored proc

is a joing between two custom SQL tables and a filter on one of the columns in one of the tables.

I do not see why this should make a difference as to why the SQL SP Service is not picking up the

stored proc? I also have not named it with a prefix of "sp_".

Any suggestions?

Update the service instance from BrokerManagement.exe, you should able to see the new stored procedures

some times, you would not get all store procedures if the input and output parameters are same in the written storeprocedures. please check that too.

Thanks alot! That solved it! Appreciate your feedback :-)

Just not sure why any new stored procs will not be updated when refreshed in the Smart Object Tester Tool and only

when it was updated within the BrokerManagement?

I almost started creating a custom web service to act as a data access layer for population of my InfoPath drop down

and other controls. The SQL SP Service will sure come in handy.

The Service object caches the list of stored procedures when it gets created(the experts can correct me if im wrong). So when u create new SP it ll not get listed Since the stored procedure list is already cached within the service instance reference