Skip to main content

Hi,

I have a project i've done using a Development Web Service connected to some K2 Smartforms and a K2 Studio Workflow.

I would like to know what is the easiest way to duplicate this project to keep everything the same, but use a LIVE web service in my rules?

Would i have to change all my rules to use the Live Web Service, or is there a easier way to copy an entire project, with rules, views, forms, k2 studio workflow so that they use a different web service instead?

Can the Deployment Tool do this?

Thanks

Just bumping this.... Anyone know if youc an change a web service URL without having to change the whole project?

How are you using that web service url?  Are you surfacing a Smartobject from this Web service URL using the WCF/Web Service/Assembly broker?

If so, usually when deploying to another environment; you can register a new service instance that points to the live web service url (maintaining the service instance GUID is usually recommended) and then selecting the use existing service instance during deployment; or perhaps the Package and Deployment will also offer to register a new service instance for you if it does not exist (it may also be possible to update the value for that web service url for the service instance during the package and deployment).  If not, it is possible to update the web service url afterward via the Smartobject Service Tester Tool.