Skip to main content

Hi Guys  

Me iam changing our development environment domain from X domain to y domain (as our company domain names changed)

steps what i did  

1. i created same account(with same name say k2srv) in new domain ..y and i added it into admin group

2. i changed k2 service(under serivces)  account with new account ....y/k2srv

3 i added this new account(y/k2srv) in k2 and k2log databases and set it under DB owner group

so When I try to expand myk2proj under k2service manager option as shown in the below fig .This is the message pops  up

with message

"the user doesn't have the necessary rights to perform this action please contact administrator "

So  meaning that this doesn’t allow me to go see k2 processess ,string tables ,securtiy etc etc option.

i tried to run k2 server under console mode ,but it running fine with this new account

please assist me how do i access my k2proj under k2service manager

this very urgent please

i would be grateful to guys

Well if K2 is running fine in console mode - did you check to see if the account that the application pool is running under for the K2 Workspace website?

Another thing you could even try is running through the K2 configruation management wizard on the machine...

Another thing that comes to mind is did you update the security labels?  There is a whitepaper written on this in the customer portal.  What could be happening is that K2 is tryint to authenticate a user against the old domain.

Obviously you should run a back up of your K2 DBs before doing anything else... 

Jason