Skip to main content

I have some hidden fields on a SmartForm which I believe I no longer use, but I am afraid to delete them without being sure. Are there any K2 documentation producing tools that would show me the places where each field on a form is used?

For instance, the following Access query statement allows me to report hidden fields in forms containing 'Improv' in the name and have the Property IsVisible set to false (GetText is a simple Accecss function that takes the XML in the Properties column and returns it as text to allow the Like clause.

SELECT Form_Form.Name AS FormName, Form_Form.Description, Form_Form.CreatedBy, Form_Control.Name AS ControlName, Form_Control.Order, Form_ControlType.Name AS ControlType, Form_Event.Name AS EventName, Form_Form.ID, Form_Control.ID, Form_Event.ID, Form_Event.ContextID, Form_Event.SourceID FROM ((Form_ControlType INNER JOIN (Form_Form INNER JOIN Form_Control ON Form_Form.ID = Form_Control.FormID) ON Form_ControlType.ID = Form_Control.TypeID) INNER JOIN Form_Event ON Form_Control.ID = Form_Event.SourceID) INNER JOIN Form_ActionItem ON Form_Form.ID = Form_ActionItem.ContextID WHERE (((Form_Form.Name) Like '%Improv%') AND ((GetText(tForm_Control].]Properties])) Like '*IsVisiblefalse*')) ORDER BY Form_Form.Name, Form_Control.Order;

As far as I know, there isn't any tool in K2 that does this. But it sounds really nice to have it, makes refactoring/redesigning a whole lot easier. Log a feature request for this if you don't mind.