Skip to main content

I use our team name in the From field on notifications.  Recently our team name changed but not the address, when I select our team name from the lookup it is there, when the e-mail is sent it has the prior team name.  How can I correct this? How do I have new team name appear?

So this is what I see:

197372_pastedImage_1.png

197373_pastedImage_2.png

This is what is received

197374_pastedImage_3.png

Thanks,

Suzanne

Hi, I think it's a problem more SharePoint-related than a Nintex one..

my suggestion is that in user information list of the current site collection the group is stored with the old display name..

If you try to set that group in a standard sharepoint user group field and save the item, does it shows you the old or the new name?

If it shows you the old name, I'll try to follow this suggestion (even if it's for SharePoint 2010): Updating SharePoint 2010 User Information « SharePoint Automation  

The powershell script is designed to update a user display name, not a group one, but I think the script could be adapted to your situation

Hope this could help

Giacomo

Most likely this is a cache on the Outlook side. Outlook will apply names as it knows them from it's frequent contacts or global contacts list. When I had a colleague change name once I opened a new mail in Outlook, typed their name in the To line, then click the X next to their name when it was prompted. This deleted it from my frequent contacts list. I then sent a new message using just the email address and when they replied it had the new name.

Not sure if this applies, but could be worth a try. I've seen this article on the subject Remove suggested name or email address from the Auto-Complete List in Outlook Web App - Outlook