Skip to main content

In the Documentation tab of a process there is a checkbox (Designer Enabled), once you enable it it generates an outline of activities/lines that you can export to RTF for documentation.

When I try to uncheck the option the prompt warns me that "If the designer is disabled, all custom changes made will be lost and will not be loaded if designer is re-enabled."

I tried it and the custom event code is there still.   What custom changes is it referring to that would be lost?

The documentation tab is just another way to view the KPRX (process file) where you only see the names and descriptions of all the artifacts in a tree view. All the changes that you make in the documentation view change the underlying KPRX file so I am also puzzled by the message. I am not aware of any scenarios where process information was lost by disabling that view. Since documentation fields are all that are exposed in that view I would guess the worst you would potentially lose is some descriptions but even that seems very unlikely.