Skip to main content

Browsing this forum I found out that currently there is no way to delete a process but through so called (unsupported) cleanup scripts.

Is this also true for disabling or stopping a process (actually I haven't found a way to do so in the K2 Workspace)? I have a running process which is called every few minutes (but actually I don't need this process anymore and I'd like to stop it).

Thanks,

Bernhard

The answer will depend on how your process is being started.  If your process calls another instance of itself, you should be able to disable it from the management console.  Drill down to the instances tab of the process, find the active one, check it, then press the stop button.

Hello David,

Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately deleting the instances won't work in my case. I can delete the instances but the workflow is bound to list item changes (delete, update,...) and is fired as soon as there are changes (as designed to be ;-)  - but not killable).

So you don't want the process to start when the list item is changes?  If so you follow the instructions here to disassociate the K2 process from the list:

http://k2underground.com/forums/thread/23855.aspx

You can also remove all "Start" and "Admin" permissions on the process within K2 workspace.  If no one has permission to start one it'll never run.

Hello Bob,

Sorry, I guess my posting was somewhat incorrect and not very detailed:

Here is what I did:

Create a K2 Workflow Solution in VisualStudio

Added a SharePoint Events Process (Item Added, Item Updated for a Forms Library)

Added SharePoint User Management (which changes users rights on documents after they are created or changed)

Somehow stupidely I changed the Process name in Visual Studio and redeployed the solution (luckely in a development environment). So now I have 2 processes running for this library (the old named one and after changing the name in Visual Studio the one with the changed name). Removing the process rights, results in an Error Message, which states that the server is unable to process the request due to missing rights.

Hello Bonnie,

Do you mean that it is possible to disable single processes through the Central Administration or disable K2 for a specific site at all? 

I tried the following:

Central Administration - K2 for Sharepoint tab

under Features there is a link to K2 Workflow Integration ASP.NET Page Content Types

When I click on this link I can activate the K2 Default Task Form (Basic & Advanced) (this feature was not enabled on my site anyway) which does not leave me the choice to deactivate certain processes.

Thank you,

Bernhard

Hi,

Found a somewhat satisfying solution (see also http://k2underground.com/forums/post/24236.aspx ).

Regards,

DD