Skip to main content

I am trying to figure out how escalations are handled in the system.  We are interested in disabling pending escalations when we move from our current production environment to our new development environment.  Lets say there are 100 processes in flight and they all have escalataions that have started.  How can we delete those so that when we restore and turn on k2 in development that they dont get sent out?  From what little i could tell it looked like maybe the _Async table in K2 database was storing these items (this is just a guess from looking around at the data).  Could this table be truncated to take care of the issue?  I realize something like this is risky/not supported, but i am curious if anybody knows for sure how the escalations are handled. 

thanks,

Mike

You are correct in that this is definately unsupported.  With that being said, I believe deleting the escalation entries in the _Async table (with the K2 service turned off to make sure nothing is accessing them) may work.  Please note the _Async table can store more than just pending escalations.  For example, if an activity has a start rule that forces the delaying of the start of an activity instance it will reside here too.  You will see there is a Type column here.  I don't recall what the type values equate to, but if you know you don't use start rules and all the values in this table are the same, then it is probably just escalations.

If at all possible, I'd recommend trying this out on a test process in your existing development environment before trying it on your backup data.

thanks for the reply.  i will post back the results later.