Skip to main content

Hello Team,

We have an issue with our current solution when we use close browser window rule it shows blank page.If user selects back button of windows he can open the task which he have submitted and he can perform the action again.

Is there any way we can close the browser window rather than showing blank page when i trigger this rule.

I want to avaoid either showing blank page once close browser window rule is triggered or is there any way from K2 where we can disable back button

12650i7C6CF8BFD336DF19.jpg
15063i831CE14D11F11518.jpg

Dear Haridoll,

you can't disable the back button on the browser.

Please try the following:

If you are using the K2 Worklist on sharepint

Edit Worklist:

11417i11F00645C38CBE1C.png

I tried to change my settings to open the task page in a new TAB, when I close it, the browser takes me to a blank page but when I force it to open in new window it doesn't redirect to  blank page after perfoming the close browser rule.

wish it helps

Hi Haridoll

As Mustafa says there is no way to disable the back button. Can I ask how users are getting to the task form - are they clicking a link in an email or using a task list? In my experience when users open a task form from a task list control on a K2 form, the task form opens in a new tab, and the close browser window rule actually closes the tab. If users are accessing the form from a link in an email then then the close window rule reverts to a blank tab (for IE).

If the user does press the back button after actioning a task, then the task form will re-load. Users should then get a K2 error advising that the worklist item is not available (this will occur if you have the "open a worklist item" rule on the form initialize rule).

You can capture this error on the form and present a more friendly error and disable any action buttons (e.g. Submit button). To capture the error, add an "if an error occurred" condition together with an advanced condition to capture the error type. See the below post for more details.

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Getting-Assigned-User-of-a-Serial-Number-in-SmartForms/m-p/78155#M22857

,Hello All ,

Thanks for your response.

There is start form in my screen and once we take the pr number and click go it anvigates to some page.In that page after clicking submit button my workflow begins and after starting workflow i have rule to close browser window.Here when i trigger rule there is blank page.

Dear,

I believe that the blank page issue is caused by browser and smartform has nothing to do with this.

try to test it on chrome for example.

Hello,

I have same with the Chrome.If yoiu observer if we perform some action on a form which is opened from worklist task after performing action window totally closes.I expect the same when i call close browser window rule.Problem here is if i have blank page if i click back button of window again i can open the task which i finished and i will have 2 forms with same request id but differnet Process Instance Id

Have you found a solution to your issue yet? I have a similar concern. Not so much that users will hit the back button, but just that I don't think it's a good user experience for the browser to leave the tab open to a blank page after the worklist item has been actioned. The same issue exists in the smartphone app. After the user submits an action, the screen goes blank. Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening?