Skip to main content

I have downloaded and followed the instructions for developing a Custom Service.  I have downloaded the source code from K2 Underground using the:

http://www.k2underground.com/files/folders/technical_product_documents/entry21899.aspx and also from the BlackMarket Dynamic Sql Service.  Either way I get stuck in the same place.  In the documentation that goes with this application, and in the 201 Module 5 doco, it states that in the SmartObject Properties that consumes the Service you need to uncheck the SmartBox options for each Property.

When I do that and attempt to Build the solution an error appears that states:

Error 4 Object '<SmartObject> in Service 'SmartBoxService' does not have properties. <SmartObject File System Path>.sodx 1 1 <Solution Name>

If I don't build it and continue, the instruction state to edit the Get List Method.  Everything binds correctly until the last step, which states to Add Service Method Link, there are no properties listed to assign to.  Which then doesn't let you complete the wizard.

I hope this make sense.  Not sure what I am doing wrong here.  The service is listed in the Management Console -> SmartObject -> Service, and I have added the appropriate parameters.  I am sure of this as I can later see those options available in my K2 SmartObject Solution.

I have since modified some of the code to now remove the CRUD Methods that automatically are created with the SmartObject, and have added my own Method to the list.  This seems to have resolved the issue of not missing any properties, however, it now does not ask me to map the properties in the Add Service Method Link screen.

This is mentioned in the PDF that is on the link above.  It wasn't on the Training documentation, which I now assume is out of date.

Not sure if this all works yet, as I have only just deployed it successfully.  Now I need to consume this in a working process.