Skip to main content

Hi,

I've a Contact Selector control which is bound to a repeating group (Person). As multiple persons cannot be assigned to the destination users I want to read out all email addresses of the passed users. Actually, I don't know what I should do, maybe someone can help me.

-) Which Xml-field(s) do I have to pass over to the self written C#-method? (Person?)
-) What kind of type is/are that xml field(s)? (XmlNode?)

I tried to find other threads regarding that topic but I couldn't find any. Are there any other threads or sites which someone could provide me? Or do I to do something totally different to solve my problem?

Many thanks in advance!

amanax

Are you trying for dynamic destination of users?? You can do that by forming a node(repeating) of destination user and assingn that as the destination for an activity.

<Destination>

<User>user1</User>

<User>user2</User>

<User>user3</User>

</Destination>

assign the node <User/> as destination

Thank you for your reply!

Yes, I want to assign the users which are selected in the Contact Selector control as destination.

Is your solution possibile without coding or do I have to form your mentioned node in K2 Studio (or InfoPath)?

amanax

If you want to do it without code, then u should use smart objects or you have to code that on infopath code behind and form the nodes as desired??

What a quick reply :)

As I know blackpoint doesn't offer any other smart object functionality than manipulating SharePoint lists, does it? And InfoPath code doesn't work well with blackpoint...

amanax

Correct me if im wrong.. i think it doesn't whether u use balckpearl or blackpoint when u code in infopath..I had a similar requirement earlier and did that using infopath code behind since i did not know how to use smartobjects. The infopath template becomes a content type when u add code to it and u have to upload the form using central admin and activate it to specific site collection and add that content type to that library from where u wannt to trigger yur process from