Skip to main content

I having a problem with Destination users setting.
In beginning, I setup Sharepoint list for organisation hierarchy.
I put user and manager in this list and using with Smartobject.

In the destination rule,  I use Advanced settings for the destination rule and change it to “Plan per destination, All at once”.
It works fine if I put Domain/user in Manager column in Sharepoint list for organisation hierarchy.
But if I put Domain/Group then I received error message in Mail event.
"The parameter addresses cannot be empty string. Parameter name addresses"

Can I use group in this case?, do I have any work around for this?
Because some user have no manager so I have to send it to special approval group.

I find similar case but not answered.
http://www.k2underground.com/forums/thread/29448.aspx

Thanks
Roger

Hi Roger

Is this happening in K2 Web Designer or in K2 Studio? If its in K2 studio can you check that the 'Resolve all Roles and Groups to Users' radiobutton is checked in your Destination Rule Wizard? Also, check that all the users in the group has valid email addresses.

hth

Hello

Thank you for the comment. 

I'm using K2 Studio.
'Resolve all Roles and Groups to Users' radiobutton is checked
All users in the group has valid email address.

As I explained already, if I put DomainUser in SharePoint Organisation list it works fine,
But DomainGroup not working.

Example, if Anthony submit the form, everything fine.
But if Alex submit form nothing working, group member not receive job and email.................

WEB.gif.jpg

Hey there, in your mail event, what are you specifying as the value for the recipient? You probably have done this but thought I would check, ensure that you have specified the activity destination instance->User -> Email

Thank you for reply.

As I explained it works if I use single user from SharePoint list.
I found following link that explain why I can't use group with Sharepoint list.

http://www.k2underground.com/forums/thread/23017.aspx

If there is work around for Blackpoint please let me know!

Hi Roger,

I am wondering if the issue is related to the smartobject or the destination rule.  As a test can you hard code the name of your group into the destination rule and make sure that it assigns the task correctly and sends the email.  If that fails then the issue is with the destination rule.  If that works then there might be an issue with the smartobject return parameter that is not resolving correctly when a group is returned.

-Eric

Eric,

I'm using smartobject and destination rule but both of them not working if email event assign.

At moment I'm using single person for approver because of this group and rule  problem. 
But this is increasing the administration work for me and making some limitation to workflow.

I hope next Blackpoint update will focus on this AD group usage.