Skip to main content

when I deploy any process to the server deployment fails with the following error:

Notification Service: Task Error: System.Exception: System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.

Server stack trace:
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowWithoutLineInfo(String res)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml)
at SourceCode.Categories.Client.CategoryServer.RefreshCategoryManager(CategoryManager categoryManager, Boolean getCategoryData)
at SourceCode.EventBus.EventAdmin.Admin.addEventToCategory(String eventID, String eventName, String categoryConnectionString, Int32 worklistNotificationCategoryID)
at SourceCode.EventBus.EventAdmin.Admin.UpdateCustomEventWithMappings(String connection, CustomEvent customEvent, String user)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.Message.Dispatch(Object target, Boolean fExecuteInContext)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

on the server when I run K2 blackpearl server and trace the output I notices the following message during the deploymnet: Unable to get Categories, ERROR: Communication with the underlying transaction manager has failed.

the distrubuted transaction Coordinator is running and no firewall enabled on the server

this is usually a MSDTC issues Ensure that the settings for MSDTC are correct.  http://help.k2.com/en/K2blackpearlGettingStarted4.6.5.aspx?page=msdtc.html

I have also sometimes seen situations where the CID between computers are the same when the computers are built from the same image. You may have to uninstall and reinstall MSDTC on one of the computers.

There is some info about that in here

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa561924(v=BTS.70).aspx

Thank you Chrisg for the information it is a detailed link I used DTCPing for testing the DTC the tool gives me some error but when I deployed another process to the server it worked the deployment suceeded

I have the same issue =(( . Did you find solution?

Did you try to deploy another process. If all the deployments fail use the link that chrisg talked about

It can be a firewall issue or distibuted transaction configuration issue

Smartobjects and a few other workflow proccess deployed successful. But 2 workflows failed with same error.

Very similar to your problem.

Did you try to deploy another process. If all the deployments fail use the link that chrisg talked about

It can be a firewall issue or distibuted transaction configuration issue

is there a load balancer in the picture for K2 servers? Or is SQL a cluster?

No I dont have a load balancer, it only fails for one of the prcoesses