Deployment of Workflows with Flexi Tasks containing Nintex Forms

• 16 October 2015
  • 4 replies

Badge +6

Hi,

We have a workflow attached on a subweb list containing two FlexiTasks with Nintex Forms. The Forms on this tasks contains lookup fields targeting lists on the SiteCollection.

If we want to deploy the workflow from our dev environment to the integration environment (Export/Import) we cannot publish because the lookup field are loosing the connection to the SiteCollection (yellow warning mark on boith flexi tasks) . We always have to delete and recreate those lookup fields... There is also a Nintex Request Review Task containing the same lookup fields. This task is working without any issues...?

The Name of the site collection and subweb is the same in both environments

Is there a solution to this?

Thanks

Roman

4 replies

Badge +6

Thanks for the answer - could you tell me why the same thing on a request data task with nintex forms is working well?

Thanks

Roman

Badge +6

Just had a call with Nintex Support. This is a normal behaviour of Nintex Workflows. They recommend to change the ID’s (WebID, SiteID, AppID) from the source Site to the Target. I will see how we can manage this on our end and post my solution asap.

Roman

Badge +6

We just managed to replace the Ids using a powershell script and PnP powershell commands. All I do for the moment is replace the ListID's with a replacment string containing the list name in the nwf files and put them back on the target environment.

somewhat creepy but it works for me...

Badge +6

Hi,

I have two powershell scripts using pnp Powershell provisioning (OfficeDev/PnP-PowerShell · GitHub). The first script we run from the source system to replace the GUID's with the list name. The second script does the opposite on the target system. The Variables script is for configuration.

Hope this helps...

Best regards

Roman