Skip to main content

Hi all, when i deploy a k2blackpearl process, i got this error.

Error 2 Task Error: System.Exception: Forms Generation publishing has failed: Please ensure that if you are deploying this project that you are not attempting to do so on client. Deployment package needs to be created and run on the server in order to publish forms correctly. - System.Exception: Forms Generation publishing has failed: Please ensure that if you are deploying this project that you are not attempting to do so on client. Deployment package needs to be created and run on the server in order to publish forms correctly.
   at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.FormsGeneration.ClientEventDeploymentTask.HasPublishedWebsite()
   at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.FormsGeneration.ClientEventDeploymentTask.HasPublishedWebsite()
   at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.FormsGeneration.ClientEventDeploymentTask.Execute()

I have checked

1. SourceCode.SharePoint.Workflow.WebControls.dll
  2. SourceCode.Workflow.RuntimeServices.Objects.dll

items are in GAC and VS2005 webdeployment package is installed in my webserver. I am working on client machine and these items are installed.

Still I'm unable to deploy the process. thanks in advance...

I have heard or seen this a couple of times.  Once the fix was in the path of the project, as it was stored very deep in some sub directories, once it was moved up it worked. The other unfortunately involved just re-running through all the forms generation client event wizards (opened and clicked finish)

What version are you running? 

Hi ChrisG, Thanks for the reply. 

well i've tried with changing the path and rerunning the form generation client event wizard. The same error i got.

I'm using K2BlackPearl 0807(4.8210.2.0)

I'm getting the below error when I use other credentials to deploy the process.

Task Error: System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The URI is empty.
   at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind)
   at System.Uri..ctor(String uriString)
   at SourceCode.Workflow.Common.Authentication.ADCredentials.AddCredentials(CredentialCache currentCache, NetworkCredential newCredentials, String serverUrl)
   at SourceCode.Workflow.Common.Authentication.ADCredentials.GetCredentials(String serverUrl)
   at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.SharePoint.WorkflowIntegration.WorkflowIntegrationTask.UpdateWorkflowIntegration()
   at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.SharePoint.WorkflowIntegration.WorkflowIntegrationTask.Execute()

Thanks in advance...

I have seen this error when grabbing a project someone else has done from source control, if your environment variables were named different then this error pops up.  Make sure that if you are referring to a SP site in any of your client events that the little green sp site variable actually exists in your object browser's sp site list.

Are you updata the patch: WebDeploymentSetup.msi? If you can't updata the patch, you should deploy faulure in using Forms Generation Event.

Hi all, I've followed the steps to clear this issue.

1) Build Process on client m/c after creating ExAppl.

2) Create Deploy Package

3) Copy the 'Debug' folder on to server and run 'ExAppl.msbuild' through command prompt as shown below

C:WINDOWSMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv2.0.50727>msbuild C:locationExAppl.msbuild  then enter

it will build ur process and deploy onto server. Now you can test ur appl in the client m/c by opening ur SP Site.

I have been experiencing the URIFormatException error when deploying to Test.  I see that the environment variables were named differently however I am unclear as to what this means.  By having the Environment Variables be the same does this mean that when you drill into the K2 Workspace under the Environment Library node > Environments > Development > Environment Fields the fields should match those in  Environment Library node > Environments > Test > Environment Fields?