Skip to main content

I've installed Service Pack 1 on the server and development machine, and ran into three issues right off the bat when I opened my old workflows test project:

1 - My environment lost its 'host' name.  A trivial task to go to the object browser and use 'Change Server' to set it back.  Fine, complete.

2 - Could not build the project due to an xml exception on the 'ConfigurationManager.config' file.  I went in and removed the offending tag (it was some sort of 'Beta' tag, sorry I don't have the details anymore) and now my project builds.  Fine, complete.

3 - When I attempt to deploy my project, the wizard fails to start with this error:  'You need to define an environment for this project before you can deploy.  Please define one before you deploy.'  This one, I can't seem to get past.  I don't know HOW to define whatever environment it is looking for.  Any hints?  Seems to be related to issue #1, but that fix did not addres this problem.

I got both #2 and #3 as well.  Both were fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling all the client components. 
Seems point 2 is a common bug
I uninstalled and reinstalled off of the service pack 1 files and all is well, though if I install blackpearl 1.0 and then put the service pack on top of it, that is when I get troubles.  Not a big deal for the workstations, and on the server simply applying service pack 1 seemed to work out ok.
You mean we may install BlackPearl and then install BlackPearl SP1 to server side, and client side do a clean install, point 2 would be solved?
Correct... at least, that is how it worked out for me.