Skip to main content

Hi,

I am new to K2 still starting to get the hang of it.  I have a few questions,

1. Lets say I create a SmartObject bound to a SharePoint list.  How do I deploy this on the production server and once deployed how do I bind this to the corresponding list on the Production Server.

2. When I try to create a process integrated with SharePoint I have to supply the SiteURL, the Document Library name and so on.  How do I deploy this on the production environment and after deploying how do I configure these settings to the proper settings on the production server.

Thanks
Arjuna.

Let me take #2 since the answer is easier and less technical.  For this case, you want to use Environment variables.  Environment variables allow you to have values that change between your environments.  For example, you could create an environment variable called "EnterprisePortal" and use it in the SharePoint wizard.  You would set this variable to the appropriate value for each environment.  When you deploy, you specifiy an environment and the values associated with that environment will be used.  You can even change the values after they are deployed by going to the StringTable section of the management console. 

For a good explanation, go to our kb web site (kb.k2workflow.com) and search for the whitepaper on using msbuild.