Skip to main content

I am receiving the following error when I deploy. How can I tell where the build error is actually taking place. I have looked at the Workflow.Targets file and that is no help in trying to track down the error. I have no idea what 'Input String' it is referencing. Any suggestions?

Error 5 The "CompileWorkflowTask" task failed unexpectedly.
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Text.StringBuilder.FormatError()
   at System.Text.StringBuilder.AppendFormat(IFormatProvider provider, String format, ObjectO] args)
   at System.String.Format(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object,] args)
   at Microsoft.Build.Shared.ResourceUtilities.FormatString(String unformatted, Objecte] args)
   at Microsoft.Build.Utilities.TaskLoggingHelper.FormatString(String unformatted, Objectt] args)
   at Microsoft.Build.Utilities.TaskLoggingHelper.LogError(String subcategory, String errorCode, String helpKeyword, String file, Int32 lineNumber, Int32 columnNumber, Int32 endLineNumber, Int32 endColumnNumber, String message, Objecte] messageArgs)
   at Microsoft.Build.Utilities.TaskLoggingHelper.LogError(String message, Object ] messageArgs)
   at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.Compiler.CompileWorkflowTask.Execute()
   at Microsoft.Build.BuildEngine.TaskEngine.ExecuteTask(ExecutionMode howToExecuteTask, Hashtable projectItemsAvailableToTask, BuildPropertyGroup projectPropertiesAvailableToTask, Boolean& taskClassWasFound)
 C:Program FilesMSBuildMicrosoftWindows Workflow Foundationv3.0Workflow.Targets 1 1 CircuitOrderDemo

Turns out I had the datatypes incorrect for a web service signature. Once I had the code file opened and ran the deploy the error message was much less cryptic and I was able to track down the error and correct.