Skip to main content

I have 3 litst in sharepoint that are related by Incident ID, in the 1st list the Incident ID is equal to the SharePoint ID of the item. but in the other 2 lists it is a custom field.

I am trying to get a workflow that deletes the related 2 items in the 2 lists based on the ID of the item deleted in the 1st list, but when you try to set it up, K2 asks for the SharePoint ID of the item and not any other field.

is there a way around this? 

ZAck,

If you're creating the list items within the same process instance, I would store the ID of the item you created within a process data field at the time of creation, then use that ID later when the item needs deleted. Based on your question, I'm assuming it's impossible for you to get that ID ahead of time, so....

I would make the other two lists (the original "source" list isn't necessary) SmartObjects (Site Settings -> K2 Site Settings -> SmartObject Lists and Libraries). By doing this, you can first execute a "List" method against the list to find the correct SharePoint Item ID (input parameter is your Incident ID), then store the List Item ID. You can now use that ID to delete the record in question.

HTH,

Tyler