Skip to main content

I'd like to write a SQL script that cleans up all of our data and then any related K2 process instances.  Up until know, I've been running the SQL script to clear our data, then going to the workspace to delete process instances (this is for cleaning up development, nothing production-quality).  I'd like to make this a one step process by doing the process instance deletes in SQL - is there a stored proc somewhere in the K2 server to do delete by process instance Id?  Even if it is not recommended to use the stored proc, I don't mind as it is only for development.

The following might help:

http://k2underground.com/blogs/johnny/archive/2008/04/15/deleting-obsolete-process-instances-from-a-k2-net-2003-or-k2-blackpearl-database.aspx

Hi, i hope below function would help you, since cleaning process instance is available via APIs why you need stored proc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

public bool

ClearProcessesInstances()

{

bool deleted = false

;

try

{

ConnectMng();

SourceCode.Workflow.Management.

ProcessInstances items = workflowServer.GetProcessInstancesAll("", "", ""

);

// ManagedWorkListItem managedItem = null;

foreach (SourceCode.Workflow.Management.ProcessInstance item in

items)

{

deleted = workflowServer.DeleteProcessInstances(item.ID,

true

);

}

}

catch (WFManagedClientContractException

ex)

{

throw

ex;

}

catch (Exception

ex)

{

//...ToDo.

throw new WFEngineException(ErrorCode

.ErrorImportingManagedList, ex);

}

finally

{

// close the connection

CloseMng();

//workflowServer.Connection.Close();

}

return

deleted;

}

Close, though these queries specifically exclude 'Active' process instances.  Just need to figure out how to clear them even if they are active (simply removing the where status <> '3' doesn't do the trick).  Thanks for pointing me in a direction

Sadly, I'd really like to do it in a SQL script so I can clear all of our data and K2 data in one step.

Thanks for the help, everyone!  I posted my ultimate solution in my blog:  http://blogs.claritycon.com/blogs/tim_byrne/archive/2010/01/27/stumbling-through-clearing-test-k2-data.aspx