Skip to main content

Hello,

I have the editing feature of the View enabled (Attached to a smartobject). What i am trying to do, is when you click on a button on the smartform, it exports it to a PDF. I have this functioning as it inputs it to the list view. I am looking to either do 1 of the following:

a) Ability to completely delete (not just remove the row) from the List View.

i) Functionality would be for Archival Or General Cleaning.

or

b) Export this PDF to a SharePoint Document Library either via email or some other method.

i) I did try the PDF Convert method, but i have to retain all of my data.

Has anyone done something similar to this?

Thanks,

14064iACC6D3E041EEB081.png

You can use the PDF converter SmartObject to convert HTML or URLs into PDFs and those can be jammed in to a SharePoint library directly. Alternatively if you are starting with .doc files (NOT .docx files) you can use a word documents event to covnert them and then email them out.

Thanks for the response,

The issue with that being is that it is not saving the PDF file with the items filled in, it is almost saving it as a template rather than a form.

Is there a way to set the converter to capture all of the data that is filled in as well?

Thanks!

Have you considered using the Save as PDF control instead of the PDF Converter? It may be a viable option. You can find some documentation on how to use it here

Alyssa,

Thanks for the response, I currently have it setup to do a Save to PDF function with all of the data from the form in the PDF.

The problem lies is the fact that i am trying to clean up these PDF files, or rather make it an easier way to clean these PDF files up. You can enable editing of the list view, but that ultimately just "tailors" the view rather than "clean" the pdf (and associated ID) from the list.

Is there an easy way to do this??

Thanks,

Ok I want to back up because I may be over complicating this. I don't know if I understand your question fully.  

Are you trying to set up a rule to delete or even just flat out delete the PDFs?

If we backtrack to when you used the converter, you should be able to fulfill option a) because you made an editable list view. You can select the PDF you want to delete and click the Delete option (in your screenshot, it shows up in the upper left hand corner). Is this not an acceptable? 

Otherwise, you could also go into the SmartObjects Service Tester, drill down to the PDF File SMO (SmartObject Explorer>System>Controls>Save as PDF>PDF File), right click to Execute SmartObject, choose the PDFs you want to delete, then choose the Delete Method to Execute (See attached). 

Let me know if this is better or if I'm completely off. 

Regards,

Alyssa

12901i8F625D8D4EAB71D5.png

Alyssa,

You are closer, I have to test the last part of going into the SMO and changing it from there.

When you delete an item from the list view (Like the screenshot shown) it does not remove the item permently, only temporary. I would like for it to be permently removed since this list would be controlled (rather than open to public). What it does do is temporarily remove the object from the listing, but upon refresh, puts the item back in the list view.

I will test your suggestion today and post my findings. Thank you!!

This may be a silly question, but after using the delete button from the editable list view, did you click the 'Save' button? If you haven't tried that already, you may want to do that and then click Refresh List to see if it will then be gone instead of the items going back into the list view. I would guess that the Delete function doesn't actually commit until you click Save. 

You might afterwards want to try the SMO tester as well to see if both suggestions work or just to see if that alone works. That way you have multiple solutions to use for the future. 

I look forward to your findings. Good luck.

Regards,

Alyssa

Alyssa,

This worked, Who Knew. I will have to make sure users understand that when they go to remove the document.

Thanks!

we can delete the document without clicking on save button too, for that you need follow below steps.

1. select the rule When delete button on tool bar clicked and click on edit rule.

2. Add the below actions: