Skip to main content

I have in a form 3 list lookups and besides I am using autocompleteplugin.js (http://words.usask.ca/sharepointsig/2013/10/25/replacing-a-drop-down-list-in-nintex-forms-with-an-autocompleting-textbox-using-jquery/). The problem is, that the loading time of the 3 list lookups is quite long. The form loads in 15-30 seconds.

I have tried to delay the loading of the list lookup by hidding them (Appearance -> Visible : no). This way the list lookups are not loading anymore on form load. What I could not achieve, is to change the visibility of these control, that the values load after the form is ready. I have tried with JavaScript, adding the visibility attribute and with CSS adding a class that has  - visibility:visible !important;

None of the above affects the visibility of the control.

Does anybody succeeded to optimize performance by delaying the load of form controls?

when you configure appearance visibility to no, control is not created in DOM model. so you do not have anything what to show.

you can only delay when lookup is loaded by a filter

Hi Natali,

Are you able to wrap the autocompleteplugin.js function in a setTimeout()? Just remember to clearTimeout() when finished.

Thank you,

Sean