Skip to main content

Hi,

In my workflow I am currently sending an email notification and then I wait for a response from the user.  The workflow has to wait for a predefined number of days and if nothing happens its expected to regenerate and send the notification.  So my question is how do I add a Delay Event into the workflow.  I am creating a pure K2 workflow with no SharePoint integeration.

Thanks

Arjuna.

You can delay the start of an activity using the Start rule.  What you are describing sounds like you might also be able to use an escalation rule.

I think this depends on "I wait for a response". In general you can use a client event for the workflow task (this event can also send your email notification if you like). Within this event you will find escalation rules. There you can send reminder mails and after a greater waiting period perhaps you stop waiting and make a "goto activity" escalation.

If your waiting is any other solution than I guess you have to define a process or form field e.q. waiting=true - and take this for the start rule of any next activity.