Skip to main content

Symptoms

I have a problem with our existing workflow, the default client event no longer sends out any emails to Users to approve their task. The Email Event works perfectly fine and sends out emails.

I have tried re-configuring the K2 server and also did a Repair but still it does not send out emails. I can see the tasks on the Work-List but no emails.

The User emails are retrieved from a smart object and the "From" address used to come from an Environmental variable but I changed it so it now comes from a static smart object.

Can you provide me with suggestions as to what to check or do, it is quite urgent as the testing team is held up by this.

Diagnoses

By editing the file SourceCode.EventBus.Server.config in "C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBin",
and making sure that the following entry is there:
C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBinSourceCode.EventBus.MessageBusRecorder.dll
SourceCode.EventBus.MessageBusRecorder.MessageBusMailer,
the .dll file in question has been resolved and the emails had started to be sent from the client events.

Resolution

By editing the file SourceCode.EventBus.Server.config in "C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBin",
and making sure that the following entry is there:
C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBinSourceCode.EventBus.MessageBusRecorder.dll
SourceCode.EventBus.MessageBusRecorder.MessageBusMailer,
the .dll file in question has been resolved and the emails had started to be sent from the client events.

Regards,
Sergiu

Be the first to reply!