Skip to main content

I am hoping someone on this forum has experience with this already.

I am trying to use the SharePoint User Management event with K2 blackpearl 4.5 build 1170. For this event I am trying to change the SharePoint permissions on a list item in a document library, the list item is a document in a folder.

The attachment is uploaded via a smartobject, and a folder is created from an infopath form. The infopath form kicks off the K2 process. I can confirm the attachment gets uploaded successfully as I can see it from SharePoint. But when the SharePoint User Management even runs, the attachment disappears.

The only error I can find for that process is from K2 "The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized."

I have made sure the K2 service account has full control on our SharePoint server for the document library, has admin access for process rights and it still fails with is error.

Anyone have any feedback or tips they could provide on this?

Hi,

Normally a 401 Unauthorized means the account does not have rights, in this case probably the K2 Service account. Since you verified permission, the only alternative is that when the attachment is uploaded from InfoPath it is done in the context of the actual user which has the InfoPath form open. When this user uploads the attachment it might only give this user permission (you need to check the permissions after the attachment has been created to verify). When the K2 Service Account tries to access this item it receives the 401 message because only the creator has access.

I'm not sure if this is the case, but worth a check. Inheritance of permission might help you here by ensuring the K2 Service account is part of the Document Library permissions and then having that inherit the permissions.

Another side note. The K2 Service account might need to be part of the SharePoint Site Collection Administrators group to be able to set permissions, you did not mention this permission, so also check this.

Let me know if you could narrow it down or fix it.

Regards,