Skip to main content

I have a repeating section that records a bunch of fields including a due date field setup up as a date/time field.

Date is entered in a DD/MM/YYYY format on the form. (26/05/2018)

Date is saved in the xml as 05/26/2018. I've read that this is just a thing Nintex does. When I parse this, I can't save this date into a date/time variable. I think it believes that 05/26/2018 is still in dd/mm/yyyy or it's expecting it to be and it's clearly not causing errors. I'm therefore saving it in a string/single line text variable.

I now need to take that information and pop it into another list on the site. I can't take that 05/26/2018 and pop it in as the list is looking for a DD/MM/YYYY date and it is erroring. I tried May 9th and it pops in as September 5 so I know I need to do something. I've tried a couple of date functions, all I've tried work for 05/09/2018 but error for 05/26/2018. I've tried a convert action, same result.

After much grumbling, I decided to tear the string to pieces and put back into the order I want. I ran a quick regex to remove the time and again, it works for 05/09/2018 but not 05/26/2018. "Unable to transform the input lookup data into the requested type". ...it's a string..I'm removing 0s and putting it into the same string. If I do a "run now" and type in the value it works fine so it doesn't like something it's pulling from the variable but I don't see anything extra in it.

Any idea what is going on that's making this information so hard to work with and how to fix?

have you tried with convert value action and specified input date format?

216137_pastedImage_1.png