Skip to main content

I have a WF when a user clicks on complete it generates a new task for the next day with a due date of tomorrow.  When I do the Due date calculation I take the existing due date which is today and I also add hours to the date calculation by doing a list lookup to a field called hours which is part of the task input.  I then use this date result for a pause action in the new task.

This works fine if the user completes the task around the due time.  Thus if the expected due date is Feb 8th 2017 at 4 PM then the calculation results in a Pause Action until Feb 9th 2017 at 4 PM.  The problem seems to be if the user finishes the task early in the morning such as 8 AM then the date result is Feb 9th 2017 at 8 AM.  How do I get date calculation to be consistent at 5 PM.

what's the reason for pause until action?

you can set due date directly in flexi task action...

do you use 'Calculatre date' action? or do you calculate date some other way?

have you carefully checked what's input and output of date calculation?

I do not believe if you input date 'Feb 8th 2017 at 4 PM' and add up 24 hours you do get output 'Feb 9th 2017 at 8 AM'

This was my error. Apologies.  The real issue was I was maintaining a field called Hours which just complicated my entire WF.  I now record the hour within the due date field.