Skip to main content

Hello,

I am trying to have a nintex form which the person fills out a departure and a return date and the form informs the initiator of how many days and nights this is.  The days calculation I am using dateDiffDays with the two fields plus 1.  For nights I simply am using days-1.  However the days does not change from 1, which I'm assuming is coming from the +1.  I have the days calculated value fields set up like this.

206361_pastedImage_1.png

With the look of when I fill out the form looking like this.

206362_pastedImage_2.png

I do not see where I have messed up since the two dates seem to be filled into the correct fields when I submit the form, so it is not a lack of set up there.

Thank you,

Duncan Leathrum

Hi Duncan Leathrum,

The same settings i am using, it is working fine. May i know which version you are using?

206389_pastedImage_3.png206387_pastedImage_1.png

Thanks,

Lakshmi C

are you sure you used named controls in formula and not item properties?

did you by any chance populated value(s) into date controls by javascript?

I was using item properties, whoops did not know to use named controls.  Thanks that solved the days calculation!  I did run into another issue though, where I have another issue where for my nights calculation, I am using the formula here,

206574_pastedImage_1.png

but my variable of Days in not in the named controls, only the item properties.  I have Days as a column in my list and first initialize it in the calculated value right before nights.  

I just switched to using the same formula as days but did not add one.  It works well now.  Thanks!