Skip to main content

Hello,

I have a SmartObject with fields of various types that I am calling the Read method on.

When this returns, it seems to return all the data for each of the fields, but not the field which is Date type (seems to return DateTime fine)

Viewing in the SmartObjectTester, the field returns populated with the correct data.

Has anyone ran into this problem before, or have any suggestions for how to fix it?

Thanks,

HI,

I guess there is something wrong on the data field for disppaly property. Can you provide the data and data control properties and how did you setup the smartobject as data source. It should be fairly easy.

Hi Beastatron

What back end system does your smartobject talk to (e.g. SQL)? If it is SQL then you should have no issues with at Date data type.

Are you saying that the data is returned in the smartobject tester, but not in your smartform? If that is the case then there is probably nothing wrong with your smartobject but something amiss with your smartform. Check your rules where you are reading or listing the data to check the field is mapped correctly and that your control has the correct data type.

The database backend is running SQL Server, and so i guess you are correct that the SmartObject is showing correctly, and it is a problem with how I am loading the data. The SmartObject is set up through a SQL Server Instance in the SmartObjectTester.

I am calling the 'Read' method on the SmartObject in the View, and trying to fill in the Calendar control with the value returned.

The details for the Calendar are currently:

Name: entry_required

Default Value: Empty

Field: entry_required

Data Type: Date

Watermark: Select a date

Picker Type: Date

However, when I just try to output the Date field in a Show message to User, it still appears blank, which makes me think there is a problem with how i am loading the object.

Thanks,

Hi Beastatron

To be clear, are you saying the calendar control gets loaded with the date value from the smartobject when you execute the read method, but shows as blank when you use the control in a message box?

The Date field never seems to get populated, whether i am displaying it in a Message, Calendar or a Datafield.

It seems like it isn't being loaded from the database at all, however when I check in the SmartObjectTester, the Read method populates the field correctly.

Thanks,