Skip to main content

I am not sure how to fix this error, this is what happens when I click on the Submit Button that I made for my web page.

DataField Result not found
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception: DataField Result not found

Source Error:

Line 31:
Line 32:             'Update Process Data or XML Field
Line 33:             oWorklistItem.ProcessInstance.DataFields("Result").Value = "Complete"
Line 34:
Line 35:             'Update Activity Data or XML Field

Source File: c:inetpubwwwrootJobRequestsJobR.aspx.vb    Line: 33

Stack Trace:

bException: DataField Result not found]
   SourceCode.K2ROM.DataFields.get_Item(String Index) +129
   _Default.OpenTaskItem(String sn, String strK2Server) in c:inetpubwwwrootJobRequestsJobR.aspx.vb:33
   _Default.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:inetpubwwwrootJobRequestsJobR.aspx.vb:17
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +105
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +107
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5102

Are you sure you have a process level datafield called "Result" and not it's not an activity level datafield?  If, you do have a process level data field "Result" are you sure you had it when you started this particular process instance?

In fact, what you can do is set a debug statement and check yourself what datafields are in the datafields collection.