Skip to main content

Symptoms

I have a SmartObject event in my workflow that returns three values. I created three data fields to store those values and I'm getting an error with one of them: "28006 Datafield CELPK2Utilities_SaveItemToSPList_MessageDetails not found".

I tried removing the field reference, deleting the field, saving the workflow, closing and re-opening Visual Studio, recreating the field, and adding it back in the event - still got the error message. Now, there is also another issue with the SmartObject itself that I am working with a developer to resolve, but it does not appear to be related to this field. But if you could assist me with determining that, I would appreciate it.

Diagnoses

Repo-steps:
-The test workflow contains a smartobject event (process datafield is set to Boolean. Instead, it should set to String datatype).
-The process instance fails because the expected returned value is String and not Boolean.
-I add a new process datafield to the workflow and redeploy the workflow. When I try the error instance from VS’s K2 Process Management, I receive the same error message (28006 Datafield … not found), and the process instance went into a black error state.

Resolution

The issue was reproducible in my test environment. I suggested that a work around for the error message ‘28006 Datafield datafield_name … not found’ is not to map the process datafield to the returned smartobject property or leave it blank (i.e. I would not map the CELPK2Utilities_SaveItemToSPList_MessageDetails to the return smartobject propety MessageDetails, redeploy the workflow again, and retry the error instances with the new version of the workflow). This should fix the error instance.

Be the first to reply!