Skip to main content

Hello,

We've moved the K2 databases to a new SQL server, specified a new Service Account and run the K2 configuration specifying the new location of the databases. However, the K2 Server Service will not start as it is trying to connect to the old DB server using the new Service Account. The K2HostServer log file contains this:

"42548","2012-01-10 05:38:53","Error","System","2001","ServerStartError","SourceCode.Hosting.Server.Runtime.HostServerEngine.StartHostServer","2001 Error Starting Host Server: SQL User manager Error:Login failed for user 'DOMAINNEWK2ServerService'.","system","::1","K2SERVER:C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBin","42548","8133dc6868364bcd8478c2fbc0676961",""

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Never mind, just had to update the Security Label to point to the new database.

Hi,

I am also having the same issue, pelase could tell me where we can update the security label k2? As the services are not started I am not able to browse even workspace also. So please if you could tell me where I can do this change that would be great.

Thanks in advance!

I updated a row in the SecurityLabels table in the K2HostServer database with the following SQL:

UPDATE EK2HostServer].]dbo].]SecurityLabels]
   SET SAuthInit] = '<AuthInit><init>NEWSQLSERVERNAME,K2SQLUM</init><login /><implementation assembly="SQLUM, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=16a2c5aaaa1b130d" type="SQLUM.K2UserManager" /></AuthInit>'
      , RoleInit] = '<roleprovider><init>NEWSQLSERVERNAME,K2SQLUM</init><login /><implementation assembly="SQLUM, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=16a2c5aaaa1b130d" type="SQLUM.K2UserManager" /></roleprovider>'
 WHERE /SecurityLabelID] = 'xxxxx-xxx-xxx-xxxx'

GO

Be sure to change NEWSQLSERVERNAME to the actual name of the SQL server you have moved the databases to...

Thanks Noobie, this has helped us.

Srini