Skip to main content

Hi all,

I'm facing a situation where new column is added to a existing table which links to a smartobject. Other than recreating a smart object which will eventually affect my smartform and etc. Is there a way when table structure is edited but not affecting the smartobject?

Not sure what the question is.  If you add a col. to the DB, and do nothing to the smart object, my understanding is that the smart object would not even see the new col. 

Am I missing something?

Yea. But I will need the smartobject to obtain the new column. And if i republish the smartoject, I will need to rebind my smartform.

Is this a K2 SmartBox based SmartObject or custom DB in SQL?

- If it is SmartBox, simply add the new property by editing the SmartObject. This will update the SmartObject, the form will continue working as before and you can go and add the new field where needed

- Custom SQL DB, in this case you would update the table, Refresh the Dynamic SQL Server SmartObject Service, once done open the SmartObject in any of the designers and edit the Methods, you should now see the additional field as part of the method returns and inputs. Simply map the new field to a property

Let me know if you have questions.