Skip to main content

I had a K2 process working fine on our dev service - it uses a web service from SQL Reporting Services. Now we have deployed it to our production server and I am getting this error when I try to start an instance:

4129 A database error occured : The format of the file 'reportservice2005.dll' is invalid.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Exception: 4129 A database error occured : The format of the file 'reportservice2005.dll' is invalid.
   at Client.Throw(String s, Exception e)
   at Client.InternalCall(UInt32 sock, ArchiveX ar, Int32 hdr)
   at SourceCode.K2ROM.Connection.CreateProcessInstance(String ProcName, Int32 Version)
   at SourceCode.K2ROM.Connection.CreateProcessInstance(String ProcName)
   at Flyer_Pricing.ActionsPaneControl_CreateCollection.StartK2(Int32 intCollectionID, String strCollectionName)
   at Flyer_Pricing.ActionsPaneControl_CreateCollection.btnStartNoFiles_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Here is what we have tried: updated the .NET framework on the K2 server to 2.0, and set it so that the workflows are running under 2.0. Reset the server. Redeployed the process. But I'm still getting the same error! I'm not what else to try, and can open a ticket with K2, but thought I would try here first.

Thanks,

Beth

Hi Beth,

I wonder if it's not having problems getting the referenced dll out of the db for some reason. Can you check in the work folder (under the folder mentioned above) there should be a "procxx" folder created for each process version started (with xx begin the procid) - see if the reportservice2005.dll is in those work sub folder?A bit of a hack that *might* work is if you copy that reportservice2005.dll to your K2 server bin folder (c:program filesK2.net 2003in).

Thanks for the idea to try, Gerhard! I don't have access to our K2 server, so I'm still waiting for someone to check on this for me...

Beth

I met with someone here who can look at the K2 server - and each procxx folder corresponding to the versions of my process contained reportservice2005.dll. We're not sure what else to try. I will open a ticket with K2, but if anyone else has an idea, please let me know!

Just in case someone in the future wants to know how this was resolved - it was a problem with how the K2 server was set up for .NET 2.0. Once that was fixed (with help from K2 support), then my process worked without a problem.

Hi thanks for the feedback, but I'm still curious as to what they changed on the setup? Did they change it back to 1.1 or was the 2.0 setting done in a wrong way?

Thanks,