Skip to main content

Hello,

I have been handed a project on K2 smartforms involving a request and multiple approval forms, I can not get my head round the tranferring data between forms from using the tutorials and other resources I have found.  I will explain what the forms do now:

A user completes a request form and I email the correct approval form to a specified user, for example; User request value is <100 so the form emailed will be the <100 form with all the data the original user inputted in the request form. If the user request value is >100 but<200 it emails the 200 approval form and so on. I believe you can pull all the data from just calling an ID or serial number smartobject?

A lot of my confusion is coming from the parameters and rules

Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

Hi Dunny,

To accomplish this is simple, in the <200 form set a parameter os par_ID, then on the initial submit pass the SmartObject ID into the workflow so that you have th eID of the record you are using then on in the approval step just assign that form and pass the parameter ID to the form through the SF Client event wizard. This ID then can be used on multiple forms if need be.

Regards
Pieter

Thanks Pieter.

I am not entirely familar with K2 this is very new to me.

I have set the par_ID on the correct form but I assume with the smartobjectID I need to do that in K2 Studio and not the designer in the browser?

Also do I need to point any of the request forms ID box to any particular area? it is kept as read only and invisible from the user.

Thanks Again.

Hi Dunny,

Take a look at this PDF, here it will teach you some fundemantal features of SmartForms.

http://help.k2.com/files/4718.

You will see on Page 81 is the datafields part which you need. I recommend going through the document after words so that you have a better understanding of K2 and SmartForms and then you will see how easy it actually is :)

Regards
Pieter

Thanks again Pieter,

I seem to get a runtime error looking at the link, but I have been looking around on other posts and tutorials and it seems the most practical way would be to use one form for multiple views.

So how I would see it would be when the user form is completed rules would apply to check the request amount then email the approver the form with an additional view or sub view.

Ive also put together a rough diagram to make it easier to describe.

Kind Regards

14148i69887C0577AD4312.jpg