Skip to main content

Hi there. 

This has been a problem that I've been spending a lot of time trying to solve and have had no luck.

The standard worklist is not cutting it for me.  In order to get visibility on all the different types of work going through our Blackpearl solution, we need to be able to include some data points in the smart object(s).

After much effort, we got the "Worklist Service Broker" to function properly.  Woo hoo!  It seemed to be the answer to all our issues. 

The problem we face now, though, is that we need to be able to have folks in certain roles (supervisor, team lead, etc.) be able to see ALL the worklist items and be able to re-direct them as appropriate.  We move work around in bulk (30-40 items at a time) frequently.

That said, from what I'm able to see with the worklist service broker, one can only see the worklist of items assigned to you.  I tried to work around it by using both a Role and a User as a destination rule in the workflow, and that works up until the time work is re-directed...at that point, again, only the person who the work is assigned to can see it...my guess is because when you re-direct it using the Worklist Service Broker Redirect action, it disappears from the "Role" destination. 

Anyway, I noticed in the community there was a "Management Worklist Service Broker" but no comments and very little documentation on what it does or how it works.  So, I hesitate to try it. 

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get a customized worklist where a person in a certain role would be able to see all the worklist items and be able to re-direct them in bulk?

Help, please!

Rob

Hi,

So if i understand your requirement correctly, based on the user role, say for instance if the user is supervisor, he wanted to view all the tasks and he can redirect to someone else.

K2 Worklist is the one which display the pending tasks for the logged in user, the one you are looking for is Global Worklist (similar to the one K2 workspace display),

The Management broker available in the community is good and i have used is coupel of occasions (with slight my own customization) but it fetch only the logged user pending taks and not the global Worklist.

The only possible way i can think off is you need to develop one using the K2 API's. You need to use K2 Management API do achieve your requirement.

Hope it helps!

Cheers,

Prajwal Shambhu

Hi, you can use the Activity Instance Destination SmartObject. All tasks for all users are contained in there, the only issue you might have will be getting the display name, Activity Instance gives the domain name only. 

Filter this list by workflow name, status (active), activity name, etc. should serve well to present tasks to users. To move tasks then you can use the Workflow Management service. This needs the serial number of the task which you can get as ProcId_ActivityID.