Skip to main content

Hello all,

I have created a copy of the Lithium theme and implemented it as a custom theme in K2 Blackpearl: What I am trying to achieve is to place a black border around checkboxes. I have some expeirence in CSS but I cannot find the code that would affect the checkbox. 

I assumed it was theme.css but I may be wrong as there is a few different CSS files.

Any ideas where I can find the CSS for the checkboxes?

Thanks,
Martin

Thank you,

However, I have implemented the change in CSS saved and performed IISRESET cmd on the Application server and still no luck:

15772i24FAC5B335D3D65E.jpg

At the present moment some of our Users cannot make out the checkboxes as they would on other themes, but unfortunately the Lithium theme is the most polished looking theme so I rather not use any other.

Kind Regards,
Martin

Hi Martin,

I am not sure why it's not applying the changes on your side:

12694i05FCEE51B16546EB.png

Can you attach the Theme.css file?

See attached,

Thanks for the help.

Hi Martin,

Apologies it's my mistake.

There is a single quote, remove it please:

14029i966FBE536F6402D3.png

Hello Mustafa,

I have removed the quotation mark and it still hasn't placed any borders: Note I am on 4.6.9.

I'm really stuck with this one :(

Kind regards,

Martin

Hi,

Can you please confirm that you modifing the file under the following path:

C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlK2 smartforms RuntimeStylesThemesLithiumTheme.CSS

C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlK2 smartforms DesignerStylesThemesLithiumTheme.CSS

Make sure that you are running the form in new tab not inside the designer.

Maybe you are changing the runtime theme and testing on the design time.

Just ran it in the runtime URL: it looks like the whole theme is broken. Copied the lithium theme CSS into the new copied theme and still gets the same result.

This may be down to the fact my theme doesn't exist in the runtime folder structure instead the designer?

Kind Regards,

Martin

Hi,

so basically you have a copy of the lithium theme but it's not in the ruintime folder? how did you set up your theme? did you follow the instructions as per the following KB?

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2smartforms/DevRef/current/default.htm#Deploying_and_Registering_Custom_Themes.htm

Hello Mustafa,

I now have a copy of the theme in both folders: I made the change to both folders and saved, I then went on to reset the IIS as specified by the K2 guide. I then went on to clear my browser cache (I'm on chrome not sure if that would make a difference I have ran the form in both Chrome and IE)

Still no luck my check boxes are still the same. I am not sure if there is another line overriding the change we are making .

Any more ideas.

I greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Martin

Hi Martin,

It's tested on IE browser and it works as expected. 

16211iCD3013B3E298E22F.png

Can you take a screeshot of the style as above(3)?

Can you make the changes on the original Lithium theme then test it?

I believe you have copied the Lithium.css as well, did you make the required changes to import you Theme.css?

Please open Lithium.css and check how we impomt the theme.

Hello Mustafa,

Inspected the first checkbox it seems to have a slightly different 'class' I assume it might be the version I running. 

I will need to add that CSS to area where it calls the class.

See screenshot:

11689i9DA5B3F2D1538342.jpg

Hi,

No, it's correct but you inspected the square of the check box which is image (different class), please inpect the content or the text of the check box

Hello Mustafa,

I have found it with the inspector, Like you said I moved a step back found the line to change the border.

Again thank you for the help (a big learning experience for me as a whole)

Kind Regards,
Martin

So much for early celebration: I can find it in inspector and change it. But I cannot find it in theme.CSS file :(

Hi Martin,

Can I see the style in the inspector without any change??

This should take the changes that you already made in the CSS file, if it doesn't look the same then you are not modifying the right file :)

It appears it is still trying to use the original lithium style.

I checked made changes to the CSS file Martinslithium.css to look at the custom folder.

Is there any further changes inside my custom files to make sure it is point at the right files, i have double/triple checked my designer and it is looking at the custom theme instead of the old lithium theme.

Kind Regards,

Martin

Hi,

It seems like you didn't set up your theme correctly, did you add an entry in the Database? if no please check the previous link I posted.

you also need to edit the Lithium.CSS file to import your theme instead of the original

11687i98C4729F432B20E3.png

Hello Mustafa,

Thanks for the response: I made those changes last week (in both designer and runtime) .

If it helps please see attached css files from both directories.

Kind Regards,
Martin