Skip to main content

When creating custom reports based on smart objects created for a process, I am having an issue with only one of the SO's.

When I attempt to select the SO as a report data source, I just get an error message saying that the selected data source

is not configured to be a report data source. Why is this? This is only happening with one of the SO's.

I have also selected that worklfow SO's should be created for the process for reporting purposes, not that I think that would make

a difference in this case.

Does SO associations not also play a role within the reports? Is it thus required to have associations between your SO's when wanting

to create a custom report based on a process' SO's? I have InfoPath integration within my BP process. All the SO's are functioning just

fine in my form, and data is stored in the SO database tables, this is why this is so strange??

I have a SO(parent) to store the basic info about the process, this is retrieved from the form. Then I also have an additional SO(child) to store the history comments about the approvals within the process. I have created an association on the SO(child) that maps to the SO(parent), since there can be no comments for a non existing process.

After testing a bit, I checked the database to confirm whether data was in fact populated within the SO tables of the SmartBox database. So when I try

to create a custom report for the process using the Report Designer, I am unable to select the SO(parent) for some reason. I am however able to select the

SO(child), which is for the comments, but showing only that in the report would not be that usefull.

Should I try to delete the SO(parent) totally and re-create it? I do not know why the error message is displayed only when trying to select this specific

SO within the Report Designer.

Any pointers appreciated! :-)

Be the first to reply!