Skip to main content

Hi All,

I have created .NET class libary project where we have writter business logic for processing.We are making use of this dll in K2 server event code.

Problem is that each time there is change in business logic i need to remove the dll refrence nd need to re add it as .NET refrence and deploy the whole workflow again.

Is there way we can only update the dll and without deploying workflow it will take new logic.

Hi Amit,

Firstly im not a fan of writing code inside the worklow using server envet, why dont you hook that .Net assembly into endpoint assembly broker and build a smartobject on top of it. With this everytime you do changes to the dll, you only need to replace the DLL with latest version and you dont need to deploy the workflow everytime you change. 

Hope it helps!

Cheers,

Prajwal Shambhu

Hi Prajwal,

Thanks for your reply.

I have created endpoint assembly and create SO out of it.In my project i have 10 methods but SO create only 1 method in it. Any idea what will be the case 

HI Prajwal,

You seems to be exprerienced in creating a .net assembly service broker to create a SmartObject. I got stuck in one of the project where I run all the business logic for integrating with other LOB Database update in the Custom Sevice Broker. I created a service broker and compile it and copied the dll into the Blackpearl/ServiceBroker. Created a smartobject using VS and serialze all smartform data-field using custom serialise method. Passing the data-field as parameter into the SMO and then to service broker works absolutely fine. However, I find difficulty in getting the return value into smartobject. I have return string value  from the service broker, but I donot understand how to map into the SMO serialize method. Can you please help me ? Thanks.

Hi Amit,

Did you make sure all 10 methods are of static type? If they are not static then they wont be available as methods exposed. 

Cheers,

Prajwal Shambhu

HI Guys,

Since you guys are talking about the EndPoint Service Broker to create a dll, let me ask for a favor if there are any working example to walk through to create a custom EndPoint Sevice Broker to better understand the third party integration through Smart Object. This will be very helpful in using service Broker in the inetergation process through SmartForm once Smartobject is created.

Thanks.