Skip to main content

I have 2 questions:

I have created a workflow using K2 Studio and deployed it successfully.

Refered steps mentioned on following link:
http://www.k2underground.com/blogs/blackbelt/archive/2011/10/25/custom-sharepoint-workflow-pages.aspx

But when I add new item in a list my workflow is not initiated.

Also I am not able to add/see any workflow that is created using K2 Studio/Visual Studio on Sharepoint Portal.
Following are the steps followed:
1)Go to some list : Say Customer
2)Go to List Tab and select "Add a Workflow" from Workflow Settings
3)Select "K2(ASPX) SharePoint Workflow..." from workflow template
4)Add other details and click Next
5)In the "Workflow Name" dropdown I am not able to see the workflow created using K2 Studio/Visual Studio
6)Also tried changing workflow template to check if the workflow appears but could not find one

Kindly let me know if I am missing some step or I should follow some different method to add the workflow.

Have you designed a workflow using the SharePoint (SharePoint Workflow Integrated) Process Template? After deploying, can you see the workflow versions in the workspace?

Do you get an additional column in the list saying "in progress"?  - If you dont, it means the event handlers are not associated to the list on deployment

Yes.. I can see column in list saying "In Progress".

The workflow is started...but instead of showing ASP.NET web page...it is showing default form (When click on ADD NEW ITEM url). What should I do....I follow every steps mentioned on site. 

have you done IISRESET? see the last section in the blog post. you must delete the {K2 Project Name}_{K2 Process Name}_Task.dll and redeploy

Yes....I reset IIS server & redeploy it....still not working.

And I can't see {K2 Project Name}_{K2 Process Name}_Task.dll in my C:inetpubwwwrootwssVirtualDirectoriesportal_app_bin folder. May be it is not created. But I followed all steps given in that site.

Could you tell me what to do to create that task.dll?

Yes....I reset IIS server & redeploy it....still not working.

And I can't see {K2 Project Name}_{K2 Process Name}_Task.dll in my C:inetpubwwwrootwssVirtualDirectoriesportal_app_bin folder. May be it is not created. But I followed all steps given in that site.

Could you tell me what to do to create that task.dll?

For testing the workflow they mentioned  : - You can test this out by creating a new item in the list to which you bound the SharePoint Workflow Integrated Process. On the client page your users will be able to upload a file and to select a library from the drop-down list.

I bound this to my Custom Form list. Only Title and Workflow name column name is available. When I try to add to Custom Form list, it should give me ASP.NET web form......right?? But it showing default form.

lets take a step back. Have you tested with basic out of box forms. Dont customize anything. Just design a standatd SharePoint integrated workflow and deploy. Test end to end. You mentioned that you can see "In progress" status. That indicates that the workflow has triggered on sharepoint side, but have you verified that it starts on K2 side as well.