Skip to main content

Has anyone attempted to use the API to create a custom user/role manager, kind of like this guy did for K2 2003: http://k2underground.com/forums/thread/14599.aspx?

Is there any documentation out there for using the SecurityManagementAPI for blackpearl?  There is no reference to it in the SDK documentation...

On the surface, it seems simple enough - it provides Add, Delete and Get methods for users and roles but I have a number of questions on how to actually use those methods.  For example, you need to provide either an 'Application' or 'Object' when getting a list of users or roles... what is an application or object in this context?

Well, I never found any documentation on the API, but once I found the CORRECT API, it became pretty straight-forward.  Here is a sample of some code for anyone else out there that may need to do something similar:

// Instantiate the manager API

UserRoleManager sm = new UserRoleManager();

// Connect to environment

sm.Connection = sm.CreateConnection();

sm.Connection.Open(

">host server connection string here, can get it from object browser]");

// END connect to environment

// List all roles

Rolel] roles = sm.GetRoles();

foreach (Role role in roles)

{

System.Diagnostics.

Debug.WriteLine(role.Name);

System.Diagnostics.

Debug.WriteLine(" " + role.GetData());

}

// END list all roles

// Add a new role

Role newRole = new Role("Test");

newRole.LoadData(

"<role name="Test" guid="" + newRole.Guid + "" description="" isdynamic="false"><include><users><user name="K2:BSDv-tbyrne" /></users><groups /><smartobjects /></include><exclude><users /><groups /><smartobjects /></exclude></role>");

sm.CreateRole(newRole);

// END add new role

// Append a '7' to the first role's description (update test)

Role updateRole = rolese0];

updateRole.Description +=

"7";

sm.UpdateRole(updateRole);

// END Append a '7' to the first role's description (update test)

sm.Connection.Close();

Thanks for posting this Tim.  This should be helpful to many.
What was the correct API?

SourceCode.Security.UserRoleManager.Management