Skip to main content

Hi I am relatively new to K2 and wanted to know if there is a tutorial or way to create tasks for a SmartObject. Essetially I have a file that I upload with items that need to approved or declined. Each one of those items needs to be created as a task to track in the a K2 workflow for reporting. How can I do this in K2? I will need this also to have them in a worklist for bulk approve or deny. 

Hello

I've attached a document that you help explain to you how to create smartobject and be able to use them in your processes. There is also other avalible examples of how you can create a simple approve and decline process within K2.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Nelly

Thanks for the response. My issues is that I have an SSIS package that is doing a bulk load of the data to SQL which is tied to the SmartObject used to show and managed the data on the SmartForm. Since the entries were never made in k2 but SQL will that cause an issue? Basically I want to create tasks for all the new row entries in SQL because I want to track process using the workflow. Would this work because user has limited interation there are validatoin passes but this is all done via sprocs that updated pass/fail columns in the SQL columns.

Thanks

Hello Julio

To test if the SSIS package that is doing a bulk load of the data to SQL is passed correctly to the associated smartobject, you can test the smartobject using the smartobject tester (Computerlocal disc(c)program filesk2 blackpearlinsmartobject tester) and see if the smartobject updates with the updated data from SQL. 

Please test your smartobject and update the post with your progress:-}

Regards

Nelly

Hi I successfully had an SSIS package read all the rows of an excel file into the database that is tied to my smartobject. Now I want to create tasks on those rows of data. How can I do that? I created a workflow with in K2 Studio using the instructions from the file you attached but it is not creating any tasks in my worklist. I continually get a Failed process.

Hello

The process that you created does it execute correctly? Please check this in (workspace>process overview>process instances) then you can click on your process and view the flow. Intergrate sharepoint into your workflow and test if you are still not able to recieve work items on your worklist.

Regards

Nelly

Hi Nelisiwe,

Thanks for your post. I was able to sett up the process. The process now works I was passing in the wrong paramater, at first but now it is working. I verified this in workspace. Is there a way to add sub tasks to the initial task. I was told about the IPC event to create a child process. Basically I have a parent level task that has many sub level tasks. What is the best practice for going through the smart object and creating child tasks based on all items that have the same Parent Id as the Parent task? @nelisiwe

Hello

Here's a document that will help you understand how to use and implement IPC events in your process:

http://help.k2.com/helppages/k2blackpearluserguide4.6.7/webframe.html#reference_-_event_wizard_-_ipc_event_wizard_-_orientation.html#tracksearch=ipc events

You can also take into account the suggessions made on your post aswell:

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/How-to-use-IPC-Event/m-p/66446#M18854

Regards

Nelly