Skip to main content

I want to create a new document from a template and save it into a sharepoint library from a balckpoint process. Preferfably i would do this by one of two ways...

1) Create my document template as a content type and create a new item from my blackpoint process - The problem with this one is i cant find how to create new documents from content types in blackpoint

2) Copy the template from another library and rename it - With this one i cant figure out how to rename the file, this only seems to be available on the upload option within the document event

Basically what i want to do is create new documents for users without asking them to upload the document themselves. If anyone has any ideas on how to do this i would be most greatful.

Cheers

Andy

I am not sure about the 1 option but for 2 you could instead use the wizard to download the template to a temp folder on the server and then use the wizard again to upload the template which would allow you to change the name. 

I think the issue is that the SharePoint API that we use for moving, copying and updating list items does not expose the document name as a modifyable option but when you insert a new item through an upload event, as you identified, you can set the name.

I hope this helps.

-Eric

Thanks Eric, option 2 is probably the more important of the two for us. I'll try and pursuade our server guys to give us a share in the servers file system. Creating new documents in a library through workflow is a problem we've run into with other workflow products, Sharepoint creates the XML but doesnt create a physical file for us.

Thanks for your help.

Andy