Skip to main content

Hi,

In our environment we are planning to migrate our Blackpearl servers to environment with latest updates installed. I have various challenges on this to proceed.

Here is the details about existing environment:

SharePoint server 2007 -----> BlackPearl App Server -------> SQL Server 2008 R1

New Environment we are looking for:

Existing SharePoint 2007 and New SharePoint 2010 Servers --> New Blackpearl Server --> Existing Databases (restored from esiting Blackpearl server databases to this new instance R2 version)

So basically:

Sharepoint 2007 and 2010 servers -----> Blackpearl server ---> SQl Server 2008 R2

Here are teh things:

1. Take backup of existing Blackpearl databases and retore to a new Sql Server instance

2. Create new Blackpearl Server configuring to the new Blackpearl DB (restored DBs from exsting one)

3. Confgure Kerberos with 2007 and 2010 to use  new Blackpearl server. So it supports the existing workflows and new workflows.

Once the new configuration is done, the plan is to decommision old Blackpearl App Server and its Database.

Please someone could suggest me if it is possible to achieve this? and can also suggest how to configure a new Blackpearl server with existing K2 Databases on new DB instance (it is going to be a standalone not K2 Server Farm).

Thanks in advance

Taking the backup and moving to a new SQL server should be covered by this paper:

http://help.k2.com/en/displaycontent.aspx?id=3648

After the db’s have been moved run the K2 Configuration manager to update the db’s with the server info.

For the Kerberos part there is lots of articles etc to assist. Search the K2 Help site there should be documents as well.

If you have IPC’s they might still point to the old SQL server, get K2 Support to help you out there.

Thisnk you major pain will be the Kerberso config, but there is also K2PTA if you want to sidestep the Kerberos config.

Additional info in MOSS is to be upgraded

http://help.k2.com/en/KB001210.aspx

I would also recommend in the new env configure new db’s and ensure K2 can operate, and then replace the db’s and reconfigure…maybe

HTH

Vernon

Thanks alot Vernon!!!. I really appreciate for the info you provided. I have made a plan in document more or less with the samethings with what you have mentioned here. Now I am confident that I am not doing any crazy stuff.

Thanks again!