Skip to main content

Hi guys,

I am having a few problems with a workflow for creating items in a Sharepoint list which will be viewed as a calendar. This is the first time I have used the SharePoint List Items event in Blackpearl.

What I am trying to do is have an InfoPath form where a user will request a start date and an end date for a period of time off, submit it, get approval and then this to be added as a list item in Sharepoint which will then show as a blocked out range of dates in a calendar view,

I have set up a workflow with an InfoPath Client Event which populates a Smart Object. The Smart Object contains the start date and the end date. Once this is approved it goes to a List Item Event which should take the Smart Object data and create a new list item.

When I test the workflow I can approve the request but then nothing appears in the list. In the Workspace I can look at the instances of the process and see that they have errored. The reporting side of things hasn't been set up yet on our Blackpearl server so I can't drill down for any details on the error at the moment. Is there a way I can find out the errors another way such as through logs? Does anyone have an idea of what can go wrong with List Item Events from past experience, or if I'm going about using the event in the wrong way?

I'll try to add more details today as I'll be working on this some more.

Thanks.

I have created a new stripped down workflow to test the List Item Event. All I have is a List Item event which creates an item with set values in the list. The connection tests fine from the wizard. I deploy and start a new instance from the Workspace, and immediately the instance enters an error state.
Nevermind this appears to be a problem with our licensing which we will raise a ticket for.