Creating folders, subfolders and files in Nintex workflow.

• 29 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

Good day Nintex community,

I am not familiar with the development in Nintex workflow and  have been struggling for weeks now, please help. I am using Nintex 2013

I need to come up with a step in Nintex workflow where I have to create a folder in a document Library, inside that folder there should be subfolders and inside the subfolders there should be files.

I have used the "create item" action and I was able to create folders and subfolders, however I am struggling to place the files provided inside those subfolders. so that every time the workflow runs it should automatically create those folders, subfolders and files in a document library.

below is the screenshot of how I configured the action, I have created variables for folders and set have set each variable.

also is there a way of setting the variable in one place/action with Nintex workflow 2013?

9350i32E4A04602658581.png

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

If you use the "Create Item in another site" action it allows you to specify the folder where you want to create the item.
Badge +4

Hi Simon,

I have use that action thanks it works very well,

The problem now is I have the main folders and want to create folders inside that folder. 

for example:

I have Folder A which is the main Folder so inside Folder A I want to have 3 folders  which are Folder B, Folder C and Folder D the under Folder C want to have a folder and an excel file separately.

however if I put the folders like Folder A/Folder B/Folder C  they are all in the main folder but not separate, folder C goes inside Folder B.

I don't know if I am making sense but I tried to come up with a diagram of what I want to achieve.

it is possible to do this in one action?

9355i152D1B033C47B561.png

Badge

I am struggeling with a relating problem.

I would like to create a subfolder in an existing folder in another list and use workflow action “Create item in another List”.

This pretty much works to create an item in an existing folder but not to create a subfolder in an existing folder.

Please can you guide me through that?

Maybe my syntax for “folder” section is incorrect? I tried “/<NameOfExistingFolderinList>” as it works for new items in an existing folder.

Further I was wondering why the required field by the workflow action for content type “item” is “Title” but changed for content type “folder” to Name” which is not represented in the target list (that is not a library) and only has the field “Title” available.

I noticed that the workflow action “create item” requires “Title” for content type “folder”.

Is there a bug?