Skip to main content

If you like using a star rating system, but  don't like how it turns out in a list view, here is an alternative.

11090iFCAD3048D60F303F.jpg

There are a handful of expressions you need to make this happen. They are listed below.

• One for the rating control template: Just the text: “<span class="{0}">&nbsp;</span>”
  • One for the empty star class: Text “ratingStar emptyRatingStar”
  • One for the full start class: Text “ratingStar hoveredRatingStar”
  • One for each (5x) start class to evaluate which class needs to be used: “If (X < App Rating, Full Star Class, Empty Star Class)” where X, should change to 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 according to the star we are evaluating.
  • One for each start (5x) to apply the class to the template: “Replace(Rating Control Template, {0}, Star Rating X)” where “Star Rating X” would be the expression above.
  • One last to combine all the stars: Just concatenate all the stars.

11034iAE32ED91E1EE43FA.jpg

Good Creative Thinking. Thanks for sharing. Just wondering, is the theme that you are using custom or is this available out of the box.

Hi  @TheGoodGuy ,

Can you please provide more details, how did you create a list view where the users can  see all the rating controls?

I tried to create a similiar one with an editable list but i can only view the rating control when double clicking on the row.

Thanks 

Adam

10870i253090FE83BE3686.jpg