Skip to main content

Hello all,

Currently we have a K2 data logger. where a user logs records of damages on site. As we are trying to move away from manual excel spreadsheets we are researching into a summary sheet which autoupdates depending on the data entered.

Example: all records based around a particular or multiple companies and any related costing summed up when required.

I know I could probably create a SQL function to call the data when activiated (using a spread sheet or a PDF from K2?) but again I rather not interfere directly with the database.

Is there any features in K2 that can allow for this?

Kind Regards,

Martin

Martin,

I am thinking this may be possible with SmartForms but I am not sure how high the automation will be. 

Perhaps you could explain more of what you are looking to create. From what I understand you are trying to update some sort of form/sheet when data is entered? Are we having users input data and the sheet will change based on what they have entered? Or is it that we are having a form change after a file is passed to it? That last one I don't think K2 is capable of.

As far as I know there is no direct feature that caters to what you are looking for. However, depending on what you require this could possibly be done with smartforms? Would need a bit more information to confirm whether or not this is possible.

Thanks,

Evan

Martin, it was also confusing to me understanding exactly what you were trying to achieve. Is the goal reading from or writing to a spreadsheet . or just having a spreadsheet type experience for collecting data using Smartforms?

Dave

Hello both,

I created a solution that solves my problem, for reference:

I used an excel Sql connection with a SQL query to pull all the raw data into a sheet then manuplated it to be readable for the user with pivot tables.

Thank you,

Martin