Skip to main content

Hello

I have a SharePoint 2013 document library that has a workflow that will set the document workflow status to "Approved" when documents are approved by selected users.  This works great. 

However, I'd like to add a SharePoint view to the document library that shows me only the documents that have been approved.  I created a new view called Approved Documents and set the filter so that it only shows documents when the column "Document Approval Workflow" is equal to "Approved".  This is the automatic column that gets populated by the workflow.  When I show this new view it does not list any documents.  I think this should work.  Can you please offer any advice given this information and the attached images?

Thanks

Andy

Can you show me the action that sets this field to "Approved" please?

Can you also not filter your view and show me one of the items where it has been successfully update to "Approved".

Normally this column would show Starting, In Progress, Cancelled, Completed, Error occurred or similar as a workflow status?

Hi Cassy

I've added 2 more images.

Set Workflow Status - Approved

Set Workflow Status - Approved - Choices

I wanted to be able to set the workflow status to either "Approved" or "Rejected" from the standard "In Progress" status at the end of the workflow depending on what the approvers did.

If you look at the image "Document Library - Default View" this is an unfiltered view of the library.  With this view you can see 2 documents that were successfully updated to "Approved".

Andy

OK do me a favour.  use a non filtered view and then filter on the column itself selecting the status column and choosing Approved.  I think you will get a numeric value.  I just did this with mine on In Progress.  If I set view up where status column = In Progress I get blank.  However if I set it up with status column = 2 it works.  I am sure that's because the status columns have a numeric value (which I am also sure is here on the community somewhere).  let me dig that out.

http://help.nintex.com/en-US/O365/Default.htm#o365/O365WorkFlow/VisualReference/Workflowstatusvalues.htm

Hi Cassy

I'm sorry, I don't understand how you get it to show the number (2) instead of the status text (In Progress).

Andy

Tell me what your FilterValue is when you filter your column to Approved?

Ahh... ok this is what I get.

OK so when you configure your view - do filter where Document Approval Workflow = 15

Ah hah... and there you have it, 15.  Yes that works Cassy.  Thanks!!

Well I learnt something new there too!

Hi Andy McVicker‌, I also know that if you change the list view to display the "Datasheet view" - which is the spreadsheet looking for the list. You'll be able to see all the numbers for all the different status'. 

202964_pastedImage_1.png

This is my all items view list: 

202966_pastedImage_3.png

In datasheet view: 

202965_pastedImage_2.png

ahhh thanks ‌ a much easier way to find them!  happy.png